Greetings to all DeSales Students and Families from the School Nurse!
I would like to introduce myself to the DeSales community. My name is Theresa Wysochanski and I am a Registered Nurse employed by Lockport City School District. I have been working in the Lockport City School District as a school nurse since for several years. During my time as a LCSD nurse I have enjoyed providing nursing care throughout the district to all grades from Pre-K through 12th grade. This is my first year here at DeSales and I look forward to meeting you and your child!
Here is some important Health Office information for you to review:
- Immunizations: NYS has outlined the immunizations required by law by grade level. This information can be found in the immunizations chart attached below. You will be notified if your child still needs any of the required immunizations prior to the start of the school year. All required immunizations must complete by the 14th day of the new school year to avoid exclusion. Any questions please contact myself or your physician. (please see attached)
- Physicals: NYS mandates a current (within 12 months) every year for each student in grades pre-K or K, 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11, as well as any student new to the district. The physical form for your physician to complete can be found below. The NYS guidelines for required physicals can be found in the chart below. (please see attached)
- Health History Form and Emergency Contact Form: A current health history and emergency contact form is required every year to keep up-to-date on any changes. Please provide any changes in health, meds, demographic info, parent/guardian contact info as well as designated other emergency contact info. Please fill out and return as soon as possible so we have the info on hand in the event of an illness or emergency. (please see attached)
- Medications in school: NYS guidelines require note from your physician for all medications (Rx and OTC) in school. This will need to be completed yearly by the physician. Meds must be in a properly labeled container and brought to school by an adult/parent/guardian. A parent permission note to have med administered in school will also need to be completed. Even a simple item such as a cough drop is considered medicine and will need a note from your physician.
- Absences or tardiness: Please contact the school first thing in the morning. Call main office @433-6422 or health office @434-4680. A message may be left if staff is unavailable to take call. Please let us know your child’s name, teacher, and reason for absence/tardiness. This helps us to monitor illness as well as make sure all students are safe and accounted for.
- Vision, Hearing, Scoliosis screenings: Hearing and vision screenings will be done annually in school if not completed by your child’s physician for grades preK or K, 1, 3, 5, 7, 11, as well as anyone new to the district.
**Note: Due to Covid-19 safety issues this 2020-2021 school year, these in school screenings have been put on hold
- Dental screenings: are encouraged annually and a copy of your child’s dental health certificate can be sent to health office to be put on file.
All forms can be found in the attachments below and may be returned to school with your student or faxed to main office Attn: Nurse @ (716)434-4002
Thank you for taking the time to review this information! Myself as well as the entire staff at DeSales is committed to keeping your child safe, healthy, and strong while nurturing them and fostering a lifelong love for learning. If you have any health-related questions regarding your student here at DeSales, please feel free to contact me.
Theresa Wysochanski, RN
DeSales Catholic School
Student Health Forms