In looking to develop 21st Century Learners the technology curriculum at DeSales Catholic School is infused in daily learning. Students interact locally, nationally and internationally through a variety of different mediums, including laptops and I-Pads, to develop critical thinking skills. Some of the goals that DeSales students work toward include:
- Illustrate and communicate original ideas and stories using digital tools and media-rich resources.
- Engage in learning activities with learners from multiple cultures through e-mail and other
- In a collaborative work group, use a variety of technologies to produce a digital
presentation or product in a curriculum area.
- Use digital-imaging technology to modify or create works of art for use in a digital
- Recognize bias in digital resources while researching an environmental issue with guidance
from the teacher.
- Describe and illustrate a content-related concept or process using a model, simulation, or concept-mapping software.
- Evaluate digital resources to determine the credibility of the author and publisher and the timeliness and accuracy of the content.